A weightloss and health shortcut?
The old saying about making lemons into lemonade took for granted the good qualities of just the lemon by itself. Recently, I started breaking out on my cheeks. I did a quick internet search to find out exactly what acne on that section of my face meant – of course it’s a sign of digestion problems. One natural solution I found (from Traditional Chinese Medicine) was to drink warm water with lemon juice right after waking in the morning to help flush out toxins in your system. I’ve been doing this for about two weeks now, and I have to say, I’m noticing a difference!
As I’m also in the process of getting my body in shape for a bikini clad vacation next month, and after reading the other benefits, I was happy for the added bonus of helping to trim up! See below for even more healthy and beauty benefits to adding lemon water to your diet.
Right after I wake up, which is at 6:40am before my morning workout, I squeeze half of a fresh lemon into warm water and drink it fairly quickly (mainly because I’m in a rush).
BEAUTY BENEFITS OF LEMON WATER:
- Visceral fat is caused by an over-accumulation of toxins in your body. When toxins enter your body, they are surrounded by fat cells and then stored. Drinking lemon water is a healthy way to get rid of those excesses and lose weight.
- Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of your body. Your complexion can’t look healthy if your body is holding onto impurities. The more you detoxify your body, the healthier your skin will look.
- Lemon water can help clarifying your hair to remove hair product build up.
- Dab fresh lemon juice daily on age spots to help fade them naturally.
- If your nails are yellowing from painting them, lemon water can be used to bleach your fingernails white. Mix the juice from half a lemon with two tablespoons of water and soak fingernails for 10 minutes. (Don’t do this if you have cuts or abrasions on your fingers.) Rinse and dry thoroughly, then add moisture back to nails using avocado oil or coconut oil.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LEMON WATER:
- Lemon water is alkalizing to your body, the more alkaline your body is, the healthier you look and feel.
- Lemon’s potassium content nourishes the brain and nerve cells. Its calcium content builds healthy bones and healthy teeth. Its magnesium, in conjunction with calcium, plays an important part in the formation of blood albumen. One lemon contains 48.3% potassium, 29.9% calcium, 11.1% phosphorus, and 4.4% magnesium.
- Lemons have been used to treat liver disorders, colds, coughs, flu symptoms, diphtheria, and fever.
- Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn, constipation and parasites.
- Lemon juice acts as a liver tonic and helps you digest your food by helping your liver produce more bile. It decreases the amount of phlegm produced by your body. It is also thought to help dissolve gallstones.
- Lemons help purify the liver by eliminating toxins and waste products.
- Lemon juice also relieves symptoms of asthma, tonsillitis, and sore throats.
- Because of its high vitamin C content, it is used to prevent and treat many infections, hasten wound healing, and diminish allergies.
- Since lemon is a natural diuretic, lemon water is especially good for people with urinary tract infections. People with arthritis or rheumatism can benefit from consuming lemons because it helps flush out toxins and bacteria.